The Denver Post, in partnership with Adtaxi, is a full-service media company, reaching more Denver-area adults every day of the week than any other medium in the market. Our diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, print and social media products includes Colorado’s largest daily newspaper and a large network of newspapers and sites, which includes DailyCamera.com and ColoradoDaily.com.
Adtaxi is a client-centric digital organization that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, Adtaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions. #DenverPost#Senior-Level
The Denver Post is seeking a talented Director of Digital Sales to lead our digital ad revenue-generating efforts. In coordination with the Vice President of Sales and senior management, the Director of Digital Sales designs and executes the sales plan and has ultimate accountability for the team which drives the successful result. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative spirit, and a deep understanding of digital advertising products.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual digital budget, including forecasting, budgeting, analyzing profitability and managing churn
- Coach and inspire a team of sales professionals to grow revenues, sell across the entire product suite and mitigate churn
- Work in collaboration with our trafficking team to sell unsold inventory and our ad ops team to deliver meaningful campaign reports
- Continually evaluate advertising solutions and team structure to improve day to day business operations
- Champion our native ad display sales efforts
- Report to and collaborate with the SVP of Sales to plan and execute the digital structure for the sales division and ad revenue strategies to ensure they align with the overall strategy
- 5 years’ digital media experience with minimum 2-3 years of demonstrated success managing direct sellers
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must have a deep understanding of digital advertising (SEM/PPC, Social, Display, Native, Email)
- Excellent presentation, closing, negotiation and customer relationship skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at one time
- Experience working with multiple teams and supporting a dynamic sales organization
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with excellent follow through
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle in order to visit clients on site
- This is a full time position, located in Denver, CO
- Opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Free on site gym
- Some travel required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.