MediaNews Group is seeking a Single Copy Collection Specialist to join our Shared Services team in Willoughy, Ohio! MediaNews Group offers news reporting and third party advertising and marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which include: web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content (49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via 800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print. We are transforming the news industry.
Normal Work Schedule
Standard hours are 10:00 - 7:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Some overtime and weekends may be required (esp. when preparing for month end close).
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
· This position is responsible for credit and collections activities on Single Copy newspaper sales, and other retail receivables as assigned.
· This position will assist in billing, cash receipts and other accounting tasks as needed.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Number of Associates Supervised: 0
Financial responsibilities: None
Ability to analyze and resolve problems with some supervision. Expected to take initiative to refine procedures, use tact and diplomacy in servicing the client and communicating with others and demonstrate ethical behavior.
POSITION SKILL REQUIREMENTS
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
· 0-10% Travel (during consolidation, up to 2-3 weeks may be required)
· This job is for a normal office work environment with continuous use of a computer/keyboard. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and read written and PC monitor information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds.
· Occasional moderate job stress due to deadlines, downtime and number of escalated issues from off-site locations.
· Must be able to attend work on-site during normal business hours to process secure financial transactions.
Reports to the Credit & Collections Supervisor. Regularly works with the Property (Newspaper) Advertising and Circulation Managers. Works closely with the Cash Application Accountants. Works with the other Shared Services Center teams frequently.
· The minimum education required to be considered for this position is a GED or high school diploma
· The preferred education required to be considered for this position is an Associate’s degree.
Specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position include:
· Demonstrated proficiency with PC tools such as electronic mail software, word processor, presentation software and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Outlook, MSWord, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred)
· Demonstrated knowledge of automated collections/Accounts Receivable/accounting systems preferred
The minimum number of Years of Prior and Related experience to be considered for this position is:
· Proficient at 10 key.
The preferred number of Years of Prior and Related experience to be considered for this position is:
· One or more years related Collections experience