Our Shared Services department, located in Willoughby, Ohio aids all print and digital mediums coast to coast for MediaNews Group, which is the 3rd largest Media Company in the nation. Shared Services consists of 100 people across 5 financial functions – which includes Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Application, and Accounting. Through Shared Services, you can not only get your foot in the door into a dynamic financial department but also continue your career whether it’s to grow within the team or move laterally throughout. Our Shared Services team is rapidly growing and we are looking for candidates who are skilled in multitasking, proficient in computer skills, and who are reliable and have a sense of urgency.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be working from 12pm - 9pm Monday through Friday. This role works with existing clients to build relationships and retain business. This role requires multi-tasking and a sense of urgency on all accounts.
- Responsible for all credit and collections activities
- Assists in billing, cash receipts and other accounts tasks as needed
- Client interaction through relationship building, business retention, and collection of money due
- Monitor AR Aging and Customer Accounts to minimize past due accounts
- Perform Customer credit analysis as needed
- Initiate collection calls, emails, faxes, and letters
- Work with circulation and advertising managers on escalating collection actions
- Distribute AR aging reports and discuss issues with circulation and advertising managers
- Use and maintain AR collections module in Circulation and Advertising System(s)
- Perform customer revenue and AR trend analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems with some supervision. Expected to take initiative to refine procedures, use tact and diplomacy in servicing the client and communicating with others and demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Accounting process and controls knowledge
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as well as write and organize all correspondence professionally
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Experience with Excel, using formulas as needed
- Ability to problem solve and handle a variety of variables in different situations
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient at 10 key
- 1+ years related AR/Collections experience
- GED or High School Diploma
- Associates/Bachelors preferred
This job is for a normal office work environment with continuous use of a computer/keyboard. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and read written and PC monitor information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds.