The Fort Morgan Times is looking for a full-time, aggressive, enterprising and inquisitive multi media reporter who will be able to multitask in community news coverage, and write multiple daily stories and briefs. This reporter will cover community events, meetings and news, as well as other general assignments as directed by the assistant editor.
We want someone who can report thoroughly and write quickly and clearly in high-pressure, deadline situations, as well as handle longer-term planning, development and execution of in-depth news features.
Furthermore, we are looking for someone with a full range of digital skills, with the ability to use social media and to shoot photos and video, and be willing and ready to learn and master the latest technologies to assist in news-gathering and storytelling.
- Utilize a full range of digital tools, specifically with including social media to shoot photos and video to record and publish stories.
- Candidate must be proficient in taking his/her own photos and producing their own videos and be able to write and edit stories to adhere to a tight deadline
- Learn and master the latest technologies to assist in news-gathering and storytelling.
- Along with producing stories that are assigned, the candidate should also be able to pitch their own story ideas on a regular basis.
- Research and develop stories to the utmost accuracy.
- File photos and videos as needed.